Municipal Office Information:
Address: 32 Main Street,
Macedon, NY 14502
Telephone: (315) 986-5932 Fax: (315) 986-4172
Stormwater Management Officer:
Building Inspector/Zoning Officer/Engineer
Ph: (315) 986-5932 ext. 115
(315) 986-5932 ext. 117
Population: (2010) – 9,148
Area: 38.9 Square Miles
The Town of Macedon was created from the Town of Palmyra on January 29, 1823. Town of Macedon has an area just over 23,000 acres with a gently rolling, irregular surface. It is located in the extreme southwest corner of Wayne County. Macedon’s first settlers, Webb and Hannah Harwood, arrived in the late spring of 1789 from Adams, Massachusetts. The Erie Canal was an important factor in the settlement and growth of Macedon. Its two ports on the canal were Wayneport, formerly called West Macedon, and the Village of Macedon.
Stormwater Management Activities:
- Town of Macedon publishes MS4 updates in its biannual newsletter, Macedon Messenger.
- Town of Macedon has mapped all of its storm drain outfalls.
- Town of Macedon maintains stringent site review procedures that ensure proper erosion and sediment control measures are taken on construction sites.
- In accordance with town law, each permanent stormwater feature must either be dedicated to the Town of Macedon in an easement or deed restricted to provide for long-term maintenance.