Municipal Office Information:
Address: 1000 County Road 8,
Farmington, NY 14425
Telephone: (315) 986-8189 Fax: (315) 986-9268
Stormwater Management Program Coordinator:
Ph: (315) 986-5540
Ph: (315) 986-8193
Population: (2010) – 11,825
Area: 39.4 Square Miles
Town of Farmington, New York is located in northern Ontario County. It was settled in 1789 almost entirely of Quakers from Adams, Massachusetts and incorporated as a town in 1796. The Quakers briefly operated a manual labor school beginning in 1838. The Auburn and Rochester Railroad came through the southwester corner of the town in 1841. Town of Farmington remained chiefly agricultural until after it acquired an exit off the New York State Thruway in 1948. Suburbanization accelerated as Rochester’s suburbs and highway network grew outward, as many residents commute. Finger Lakes Racetrack (1962) hosts Thoroughbred horse racing and video wagering.
Stormwater Management Activities:
- The Highway/Parks Department has placed over 750 “No Dumping” storm drain markers throughout the Town.
- The MS4 program is regularly discussed at Town Board meetings.
- The public has the opportunity to advise the Town of Farmington on water quality issues through the Storm Drainage District.
- The Highway Department has mapped each of its storm drain outfalls.
- Development plans are regularly reviewed by the Town of Farmington to ensure they are in accordance with the most current State and Federal regulations.
- Construction Inspector reviews inspection reports from construction sites on a weekly basis.